Diabetes is a metabolic disorder in which a person’s body accumulates too much sugar in the blood. This happens due to improper functioning of the Insulin. In India Food For Diabetic Patient should be balanced and contain healthy foods that give the body what it needs every day. Having balanced meals will help control sugar, and can even reverse symptoms of diabetes.
Here are some tips we came across after wide research which can make your diet plan easy, healthy, and effective.
There are mainly three types of diabetes
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Gestational Diabetes
Table of Contents
Food For Diabetic Patient In India:-
Healthy & Balanced Điet
A Balanced Diet plays a vital role in diabetes control up to 40 to 60%. It controls
- The sugar level in blood
- Helps in weight loss
- Maintaining BMI
- Reducing medicines.
- ▪︎Makes you feel better
A healthy balanced diet contains a proper amount of Carbohydrates, Fats, and Protein.
- Proteins- We all know that proteins are very important for building up our muscles and bones they provide our muscles ligaments and tendons perfect coordination because of which our body can be built stronger.
- Carbohydrates and Fats – Well for a diabetic patient carbohydrate is the one that can either give them good health or can destroy the whole health so carbohydrate is the most important role-playing macronutrient among all in case of a diabetic person.
Carbohydrates and fats are very important for providing our body energy…
Carbohydrate – The game-changer
- Whenever we consume carbohydrates our body breaks them into glucose which is again a type of sugar. Carbohydrate is the most important element for the diabetic patient. They should neither be too much nor too little.
- A body just needs a balanced and proper amount of carbohydrates for proper functioning of the body.
See the below list of Food For Diabetic Patient In India, you can replace to maintain your diet.
- White Rice Brown Rice
- White Bread Brown Bread
- White potatoes Sweet potatoes
- Corn Peas
- Pasta Spaghetti
- Sugary cereal High Fiber cereals
Fibers – are friends:-
A Healthy body needs 25 to 30-gram fibers. It comes from the plant only no Dairy product or Animal meat provides fiber. Some sources of fibers are
- Beans and Legumes
- black beans
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Whole Grain
- Whole wheat pasta
A Healthy Plate:-
What is a Healthy plate? Well, a Healthy plate has balanced food in a balanced quantity of food. How you will create a healthy plate?
- Divide the plate in half (1/2).
- Fill half (1/2)of the plate with starch-free vegetables like Zucchini, cucumber, carrots
- Fill a quarter (1/4)of the plate with starch like brown rice, corn, beans.
- In the remaining quarter (1/4)add lean protein like fish, tofu.
View our some best drinks
- Warm Ginger tea
- Warm water with lemon
- Turmeric tea
- Ginger honey tea
A Proper time of eating and sleeping:-
Time ! the ultimate destroyer
A proper timetable of eating can bring a miracle and a proper 7-8 hours sleep is very important in a diabetic person’s life. View the below instructions.
- Within 30min after you wake up.
- A protein-rich breakfast is good.
- 4-6hours after Breakfast.
- Have a balanced healthy plate.
- 3-5 hours after Lunch.
- Light and easy digesting dinner.
Honey – Best Companion:-
Honey is a natural diabetes controller it is very effective and very helpful for diabetic patients because it is a natural sweetening agent which can be used in place of sugar.
Honey is helpful to us in various manners such as
- Honey in place of sugar is Healthy
- Honey can help in reducing weight
- Honey controls blood sugar level and maintain it
Here are some honey mix to help you up
- Honey + warm water is a good mix
- Honey +Yogurt is good for Diabetes
- Honey + Cinnamon
Red Meat – A Poison:-
According to some research in the USA,
It has been proved that high consumption of red meat is related to a higher risk of diabetes and even can increase the level of diabetes up to 35% in a diabetic person this happens because red meat have a higher amount of heme iron
A diabetic patient always suffers from my high sugar level in the blood through it is very important that people with diabetes avoid sugar as much as possible and even sugary drinks this can cause very harmful effect on the health.
It is not important to totally stop eating sugar but it is important to have it in a proper amount that doesn’t affect our body and health.
- [highlight color=”yellow”]Artificial sweeteners can be used in place of sugar.[/highlight]
Try A Vegetarian Diet:-
A vegetarian diet is always considered better for diabetic patients because a nonvegetarian diet doesn’t contain any amount of fibre another drawback is it can lead to a high cholesterol level which is again health hazardous. It will also help you stay thin and active. Meats with oil sometimes become carcinogenic.
- A vegetarian diet can control sugar.
- It can also make our body produce more insulin and make the cells more responsive towards insulin.
- Helps to stay active and energetic and disease-free.
Caffeine is again harmful to the diabetic patient as it contains several agents which block the absorption of sugar in the body and even affect the insulin level.
For a healthy person, caffeine is not that dangerous for health but for a diabetic patient it can cause a lot of health issues so if you are a diabetic person then you should avoid caffeine containing drinks like coffee and other beverages.
Say No Smoking:-
Smoking is gonna be great trouble for a diabetic patient. It will create hell for them.
It can lead to heart and Kidney Disease,
- Can affect the flow of blood and
- Even can create infections.
- Eye Blindness
- It can even cause the removal of any organ through surgery.
Yoga and Meditation:-
Yogas and Meditation are a golden key to a healthy lifestyle. Your daily routine should include yoga and meditation. Meditation and yogas will give you peace of mind after all…..
- Best Multivitamin For Men in India
- Best Green Tea For Weight Loss in India
- Best Whey Protein Powder in India 2021