Table of Contents
What is skin and How its Works?
Skin, the largest organ in our body, protects our muscles, bones, ligaments, and our internal organs. and defense against environmental conditions like dust, pathogens, excessive water loss, sensation, temperature regulation, insulation, and radiation. our skin may be oily, dry, and sensitive in nature and combination skin.
Every day our skin fights against all types of weather and environmental situations as well as all types of microbial attacks. we have to give it some more attention to keep it functioning correctly.
Our Skin cells are made of 70% of water, so keep your skin hydrated regularly with a liquid diet. You must drink water consistently at least 2-3 liter per day.
We should Try Daily Skin Care Routine at Home:-
Pollutants, sun rays, free radicals daily affect the skin and make them uneven. An unhealthy diet can weaken your skin and make it more dull, dark spots, sun spots, dark pigments, etc.
General steps to keep your skin healthy we have to do following steps:
Our skin continuously produces sebum (oils) and sweat, exposed to dust, dirt, and pollution on a daily basis. Proper cleansing will remove all of this accumulation and keep skin healthy.
Always wash your skin gently with a water-soluble cleanser, do not entirely remove the natural oils, leaving you feeling smooth and soft. for more oily skin mild foaming cleanser or gel-based will be the best option. and for dry skin milk-based cleanser is best. Avoid bar soaps or bar cleansers.
The moisturizer keeps your skin hydrated (contains water) if you want to slow down the aging process you have to select the best and natural water-based moisturizer. There are different types of moisturizers for different skin types. before you select the best moisturizer it is important to a natural product that is organic and non-comedogenic.
Stay away from alcoholic tones always use natural water-based like rose water (not for dry skin ).alcoholic and fragrance can strip and irritate the skin. you can apply the toner to a cotton pad and wipe the entire face and neck gently. The toner is not rinsed off.
Protect from sun damage
The sun’s harmful Ultraviolet rays are very harmful to our skin, Excess sun exposure will give you wrinkles and skin diseases. if your skin is very sensitive and irritated with sunlight then you may use sunscreens that contain flower and fruit extracts to provide healing and soothing properties.
Avoid smoking and excess drinking
If you want wrinkles and pigmentation-free skin then you have to stop smoking and excess drinking. Occasional drinking of a wine glass is quite good. We have noticed that smokers and drinkers have premature aging problems at a young age.
Sleep a lot
During sleep, our body balances hormonal activity. Abnormal hormone leads to dry skin condition. if you get adequate sleep then your body stress level becomes reduced, body produces essential hormones to control skin health and give your skin time to regenerate during your sleeping hours.
Best Food For Glowing Skin
Our skin reflects our internal health. If we follow a regular healthy diet, exercise then our overall health will be good as well as our skin. if you have a nutritional deficiency in your body, your skin texture will also change. for example, if you have iron deficiency then your nail and skin look pale in color. If you want to skin healthy and glowing then you have to follow a healthy diet
In our daily personal diet for skin glow focused on these nutrients –
- vitamin C
- vitamin A
- vitamin E
- vitamin D
- omega-3 fatty acids
We may add all types of nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, folic acids, fiber, calcium, minerals, and trace elements.
There are lots of vegetables, fruits, and nutrients that lead to skin glow. We will discuss the Top 10 foods which may help you to have healthy and glowing skin.
1.0-Green leafy vegetable (Spinach):-
- These dark green leafy vegetables contain lots of nutrients like-Vit-A, B, C, K, and folate.
- Vit K -helps to heal from scars, dark spots and improves blood circulation.
- Folate-A cup of Spinach contains 65% of your DV of Folate.
- Vit A-protect skin cells from free radical damage and maintain and protects new skin cells.
- Spinach, rich in antioxidants “Zeaxanthin and lutein”, these antioxidants protect skin and even help to maintain skin tone.
- capsicum generally found in markets in three colors yellow, red, and green. Both these are rich in vitamin C, to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- It contains a specific carotenoid antioxidant, protects from sunlight sensitivity, it reduces premature aging signs(fine lines, wrinkles around our eyes ), and slows down aging.
- There are many benefits of carrots but here we will discuss only skin health.it contains major sources of vitamin-A beta carotene and vitamin C.it reduces the production of excess Sebum.
- You can take juice daily or add it to your salads. Eating carrot regularly you can prevent degeneration of cells, slowing aging, makes skin glow and carotene have specialty to natural sun protectors.
- Contains vitamin E, May helps protect your skin from sun damage and caused wrinkles and other signs of aging.it contains Healthy fat, Natural coloring antioxidant, And Natural moisturizer. to keep skin hydrated and reduce inflammation
- Monounsaturated fatty acids protect against premature aging caused by ultraviolet radiations
- Also contains Lutein and beta carotene -these antioxidants which are responsible for reducing signs of aging and fine lines and wrinkles.
- You can add this in your diet -2-4 avocados weekly
- You can check Avacado price On Amazon
- sweet potatoes are rich in naturally occurring beta carotene keeps your skin healthy and wrinkles by acting as a natural sunblock. may help prevent cell death and premature aging.
- These root vegetables are rich in vitamin C and vitamin E, used for smoother and younger-looking skin.
- Another food for glowing and healthy skin is rich in antioxidant carotenoids, vitamin C, B1, B3, B5, B6, B7, and lycopene enzyme (phytochemical that makes tomato red).
- These beta carotene, lutein, and lycopene protect the skin against damage from UV sunlight also prevent wrinkles. tomato acidic in nature, regulate sebum production.
- You can use the pulp of tomatoes to tighten pores and prevent pimples, dark spots, and lightening skin.it can be used as a mild cleanser on a daily basis to remove any dead skin build-up.
- Assist digestion system, containing valuable papain enzymes can help to remove blemishes and cleanses the skin.
- A good source of vitamin-A, C, B, rich in alpha hydroxy acids to remove dead skin build-up.
- Papain’s main function is to remove pigmentation and act as a natural moisturizing agent.
- You can apply papaya pulp on your face, keep it for 20-25min and rinse off with cold water to get glowing soft and shining skin.
- For diet instructions -eat a bowl of papaya in the morning as a breakfast.
- Your diet habits always impact your overall health as well as skin health.no matter what types of your skin is, green tea detoxifies your body and provides natural antioxidants to keep skin clean and free from any blemishes.
- Green tea is rich in B12 and to improve DNA repair mechanisms it contains a catechin EGCG(Epigallocatechin gallate) antioxidant, which helps to slow aging.
- But the high concentration of caffeine in green tea can lead to dehydration so avoid an overdose of it. before selecting Best green Tea you must read our This Article.
- Strawberries are another vitamin c rich food you must add to your daily diet plan for glowing skin. alpha hydroxy acid is also known as salicylic acid, an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial in nature it cleans skin and removes undesired dust and bacteria.
- Strawberries boost up collagen, minimize fine lines and wrinkles. also contains Omega 3 fatty acids lead to lightening the skin tone.
- If you want to glow and healthy skin then you must add this food to your diet.
- Tip-you can add it to your desserts.
- In the top 10 list of best foods for glowing skin at last and most is orange, highly rich in vitamin c which is best for glowing skin, reduces the appearance of signs of aging.
- It manages DNA damage, protects from UV damage to the skin, and improves hydration in the skin.
- You can eat one orange every day.