Table of Contents
Worried about hair fall! Here are the best home remedies.
Are you worried about your falling hair? Is regular hair fall a significant cause of your sleepless nights? If yes, then you might have arrived at the best place to get solutions to all your hair fall problems. There are lots of chemicals and medicines that claim to have effective measures on the hairs and, but in the end, all they give are false hope. The best solution that you can get to stop hair fall and promote the growth of new hair is by opting for home remedies. Here in this article, we will tell you all about hair fall causes and the Best home remedy for hair fall and regrowth.
Causes of Hair Fall
- Deficiencies- Hair grows from a living cell, and many nutritional deficiencies can be the cause of hair fall. Different minerals and nutrients like zinc, iron, sodium, and others can be essential for hair. Even Vitamin D and E play an essential role in hair development so remember to expose yourself to a good amount of sunlight.
- Hormones- Hormonal imbalance can also cause hair loss. Hormones are very essential when we talk of hairs. Especially if we talk of women, Hormonal imbalance can be a big reason for hair fall. So everything that is responsible for excess conversion of dihydrotestosterone can be a cause of hair fall.
- Thyroxine- Thyroxine is a hormone from the Thyroid gland, and many people have problems with the proper production of thyroxine. Iodine deficiency can affect such a hormone. The hair growth cycle may be disrupted if the thyroid gland, located in the front of the neck, produces too much or too little thyroid hormone. If you do have a thyroid problem, you’ll notice other symptoms including weight gain or loss.
- Stress- One of the main reasons for hair fall in young people can be stress. Stress is not good for anything. It has a lot of effects on the human body, including the hair. More stress will cause more hair fall, and eventually, it will harm the growth of hairs.
- Medical conditions– There are many medical conditions that can lead to hair fall and eventually can lead to complete hair fall. Therapies such as chemotherapy can be very harmful to hair.
- Ageing- Hair cells do degenerate like all the other cells of the body. As a person ages, hair cells become less strong, and they lose their ability to divide. One cannot get a solution to aging, so it’s better to accept it.
- Genetics- Genetics is a great factor that decides your hair pattern and retention. If your parents have a problem with hair loss, then you might face this. Male Pattern Baldness is among the most frequently seen problems.
- Miss-treating your hair and not taking proper care can cause hair loss – direct sunlight, heat, dust, etc. can cause hair follicles(the area from where hair grows) to damage. Preventive measure – always wear a scarf or apply hair oil to avoid direct contact with the above-mentioned points.
- Hereditary hair loss or baldness occurs due to genetic reasons in which hair follicles reduce in size and the hair stops to grow.
- Preventive measures – medication can help reduce the effect of it.
- Not enough minerals – if you have less intake of zinc, iron, biotin, protein, etc. It can cause your hair to fall. Also, thyroid disease can cause hair loss.
- Preventive measures – proper intake of meat, chickpeas, Beans, lentils nuts, and milk provide zinc. Chicken, lentils, beans, apricots, and figs provide iron. Eggs, oats, milk, Broccoli, almonds, and lentils provide protein.
- Treating your hair with chemicals – coloring of hair, straightening/ironing, using shampoo with parabens and different unhealthy chemicals can also cause hair loss. Preventive measure – use natural, homemade shampoo or use parabens and chemical-free shampoo. Avoid coloring and treating your hair.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)-Women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) have a hormonal imbalance, resulting in greater than usual amounts of androgens. This frequently results in hair growth on the face and body as the hair on the head thins. Ovulation difficulties, acne, and weight gain are all symptoms of PCOS.
- Medication – some medicines and even cancer treatments(chemotherapy) can cause hair fall. Pregnancy and Childbirth can also be major causes of hair fall. Hair loss can be caused by autoimmune illnesses such as cancer, thyroid disease, arthritis, and heart issues. Antidepressants, birth control pills, and mood stabilizers are among the medications that might cause hair loss.
- Note: When it comes to dose, always follow your doctor’s medical advice. To stop hair loss, use natural treatments as a safe barrier.
How to control hair fall easily at home without any cost?
Coming to the next section of our article, we will tell you about How to avoid hair fall home remedies. These remedies can help in reducing hair loss without any medicine or chemical.
Egg Mask- If you are looking for How to make healthy hair at home, and then Egg can be the perfect ingredient to the secret. The egg is very rich in proteins, and hairs do require protein for extra growth. It is also very rich in minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, sulfur, and more. Here is how to make your mask.
- You need to separate the egg white from yellow and then add honey to the white.
- Olive oil must be added to the solution.
- After 20 minutes, you can add the mix to the shampoo and use it.
Coconut Milk- This is another method to enrich your hair with the addition of protein. To make coconut milk, you will have to follow the following steps-
- Grate coconut and simmer the milk on a pan for 5 minutes.
- Strain and cool down.
- Further, add black pepper and fenugreek seeds to the mix.
- Apply on scalp and hairs.
- Wash with shampoo.
Coconut spa- Coconut oil (nariyal ka tel), which is every Indian grandmother and mother’s favorite home cure for Hair fall, is an unbeatable option. The fatty acids in the oil strengthen your hair roots and stimulate rapid hair development.
- Warm-up 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil and massage it into your scalp to prevent hair loss.
- Gently massage the scalp and leave it overnight (or leave on for 20 minutes during the day)
- Rinse with a gentle wash the next morning (or on the same day)
- Twice a week is the recommended frequency.
Beetroot juice- Vitamin C, Foliate, and manganese are among the most needed elements for hair growth. If you are looking for a healthy and tasty drink with all these elements, then beetroot juice can be the most favorable drink out there. To make beetroot juice, all you need is fresh beetroot. Try grabbing fresh ones as old beetroots are not good enough. Sulfur, phosphorus, selenium, iodine, zinc, and protein are all found in eggs, and they all assist to stimulate hair development. To make the mask, follow these steps:
- In a dish, separate one egg white and add a teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Make a paste with your hands and apply it from root to tip.
- Rinse with a gentle wash after 20 minutes.
Green Tea- Antioxidants are also very important for preventing hair fall. Green Tea is among the topmost sources that have a high amount of antioxidants. This makes it very good for hair. Nowadays, you don’t need to struggle a lot to make a cup of green tea. Get green tea leaves and boil them in water. Further, drink the extracted tea.
- In a cup of boiling water, soak 1-2 green tea bags. Cover the container with the lid.
- Allow 5 minutes for the tea to absorb into the water. Then set the mixture aside to cool.
- While gently massaging the roots, pour the cooled liquid over your hair and scalp.
- After an hour, rinse with water.
- Twice a week is a frequency.
Aloe Vera– One plant and thousands of benefits. Aloe Vera is also good for the scalp and prevents dandruff. Here is how you can use the plant for your hair.
- Extract the inner pulp from the plant.
- Make a smooth mixture and apply it to the hair scalp.
- Leave it for 45 minutes.
- Wash it with shampoo further to get the best results.
Onion – Onion juice is very great for tackling infections on your scalp. All you need is to extract the juice out of the onion and apply it to the scalp. Onion juice is also very rich in sulfur so that it can promote hair growth. For making the juice, you will have to.
- Peel the onion and grate it.
- Apply pressure on the grated onions and extract the oil.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Try using a mild shampoo to wash the oil juice from your scalp.
Amla- This strange-looking fruit found in the Indian subcontinent is great with a lot of minerals and other components that can turn very beneficial for the hairs. It is extremely high in Vitamin C and can even be beneficial if you eat it. Another excellent home treatment for preventing hair loss is Indian Gooseberry, often known as Amla. One of the causes is a vitamin C deficiency, therefore eating amla will strengthen your hair follicles and help you manage it. Amla’s anti-inflammatory and exfoliating qualities aid in the promotion of quicker hair growth, the maintenance of a healthy scalp, and the prevention of premature greying.
- However, you can mix Amla powder with the juice.
- Massage your scalp accordingly and leave it for a few minutes.
- Try using a shower cap to boost up the efficiency.
- Afterward, wash it with water and a mild shampoo.
Amla and Lime Juice-Amla, also known as the Indian Gooseberry, is a potent ayurvedic remedy for hair strength and the prevention of premature greying. Amla, which is high in Vitamin C, stimulates unrivaled hair growth.
- To produce a thick paste, combine 1 teaspoon amla powder with a few drops of lime juice.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and leave it on for 40 minutes.
- Using a gentle cleaner, rinse the paste.
Fenugreek seeds-Fenugreek seed, also known as Methi seed, is one of the most effective home treatments for hair loss. It aids in the regrowth of hair by repairing hair follicles.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Make a fine paste with it and apply it to your hair and scalp.
- Allow 30 minutes for the paste to dry on your head.
- To keep your scalp wet, cover it with a shower cap.
- Rinse it with regular water after 30 to 40 minutes.
- There’s no need to use shampoo.
- Control hair falls by using it twice a week for a month.
How To Make Healthy Hair At Home Easily And Effectively?
Quick tips to control hair fall
Hairfall is a natural phenomenon and every person has some kind of hair fall throughout their lifetime. But, the problem usually occurs when hair fall increases abruptly and starts to take a road to baldness, which is also known as alopecia. People start feeling insecure due to their hair fall and start panicking.
This is when they start to search for different types of remedies to reduce hair fall and increase their growth and density. There are a lot of reasons due to which hair fall occurs, and a lot of known remedies which can help to prevent them and regrow your hair naturally. Now that you are aware of the natural remedies to help you control the hair fall, let us move forward and have a quick look at the tips with the help of which you can control the falling hair:
- Protect your hair
Protect your hair from the sun, wind, and rain at all times. Excessive exposure to the sun, heat, filth, and pollution exacerbates our hair problems. Dirt build-up, hair and scalp dryness, and increased susceptibility to scalp infections can all result from these factors. Cover your hair with a hat or an umbrella.
- Do It Right When It Comes To Conditioning
A decent conditioner may make a huge difference in your hair. It includes amino acids that aid in the healing of damaged hair while also keeping it silky. Conditioners are designed to keep the moisture in the hair shaft locked in. They are not intended for use on the scalp. Conditioning should begin approximately 2 inches away from your scalp. If you use too much conditioner on your scalp, it can become too greasy.
- Limit the number of products you use.
Use as little products as possible on your hair. While essential products, like as shampoo, conditioner, and serum, are necessary, aim to avoid using bottled hair products as much as possible.
- Avoid Excessive Chemical Use
Chemical shampoos and conditioners may make hair seem lifeless and dry if used too frequently. Chemicals are not only bad for your hair, but they are also bad for the environment. As a result, it is preferable to utilize natural or herbal products.
Hair treatments including straightening, perming, and colouring are not good for your tresses. Additionally, avoid using blow dryers and curling rods on damp hair since they actually boil the water in your hair shaft, making it brittle. If you must use a blow dryer, use the lowest heat setting possible.
- Use the same shampoo and conditioner.
Understanding your scalp type and selecting the appropriate shampoo are critical. You should also wash your hair according to your scalp. For example, over-washing hair with a dry scalp can cause hair loss, as cannot cleaning greasy locks three times a week.
Also, check sure the shampoo doesn’t include chemicals like sulphate, paraben, or silicone, which can leave your hair brittle and prone to breaking. Choose a shampoo and conditioner from the same line since their formulations are comparable. These are designed for a certain hair type and application. When a single line is used instead of two separate items, the outcomes are superior.
- Select Satin Pillow Covers
Satin pillowcases have been shown to decrease hair damage caused by friction. Because cotton and other fabrics have a rough feel, they generate greater friction against your hair.
- Dry your hair with caution.
It’s crucial to understand which combs and brushes are used to maintain hair. Combs and brushes of higher grade are preferable to low-quality items since they massage and calm your scalp. A nylon bristle brush will help you tame your curly hair. Make sure the combs and brushes you’re using are clean and well-kept. It’s best not to share them because it raises the risk of dandruff and other skin diseases. Allow your hair to air dry. With a towel, do not massage aggressively. While you may be able to dry your hair faster, the amount of hair that breaks and falls out doubles.
- Oil your hair
Use a mild shampoo to remove the oil from your hair as often as possible. It is beneficial to your hair to oil your scalp. However, do not overdo it since you will end up using more shampoo, which, regardless of how gentle it is, will take more of the scalp’s natural oils.
Oil massage is an age-old treatment for lustrous, silky tresses. This is also the finest hair-healthy home treatment. Olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil can all be used. Warm the oil gently before massaging it into your scalp. Before shampooing your hair, let it on for an hour. You can also leave it on overnight for better conditioning.
- Once a month, use a clarifying shampoo
It’s a good idea to use a clarifying shampoo once a month. This gets rid of the problem of product build-up, which causes shampoo and conditioners to lose their efficacy.
- Use Your Brushes Effectively
Brushing your hair is a certain method to make it more lustrous. It distributes the natural oils throughout your hair’s length. But be careful not to overdo it. Plastic brushes should not be used since they cause more damage.
Remedies for Regrowth
There are a lot of remedies which can help in the regrowth of hair, which are as follows:
- Applying coconut milk can help – grind a coconut in a mixer with a little amount of water and apply it overnight. Wash it in the morning.
- Applying onion juice – grind onion and apply its juice overnight. Wash it in the morning. Onion oil can also help in regrowth.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil – mix all these oils together with 60%, 30%, and 10% respectively to increase hair growth.
- Red Hibiscus Flower – dry the flower, grind it and boil it with the oils mentioned above, and then keep it for 48 hours. Drain the oil and use it overnight.
Above in the article, we mentioned some of the Best home remedies for hair fall and regrowth. Try to understand the cause of your hair falls to get the best remedy. Once you get aware of the problem, try proving the contents in your hair according to the requirement. The best thing about these remedies is the fact that they are all natural. This provides a benefit that no associated side-effects might occur with any of these remedies. Take less stress and embrace the difference these magical techniques make in your hair.
So, these were some remedies to reduce hair fall and increase hair growth. But, a main point to remember is that these measures will not give you results until they are done or followed on a regular basis. Everything takes time and everybody is different. So you have to try and see which remedy suits your body. Keep patience, and one day you will have long, healthy, and thick hair! Keep growing!